Chocolate & Butterscotch Hotshakes
Warning - For serious hot chocolate lovers only!
With Autumn creeping in and the promise of colder weather, I've been longing for a warm, fluffy, over-the-top, deliciously indulgent, chocolatey drink to cozy up with.
Using @kokoacollection award-winning Madagascar 82% and Venezuela 58% chocolate, and the Hot & Cold Milk Frother/Milkshake Maker, these perfectly smooth and luscious Chocolate & Butterscotch Schnapps Hotshakes, had all my warm chocolate cravings cured in no time at all!
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time5 min
- Total Time15 min
- Serving Size1 Mug
- 4 Tablets of @kokoacollection Chocolate your choice.
- 350mls of Vegan or Dairy Milk
- 45mls of Butterscotch Schnapps or 30mls of Butterscotch Syrup if you prefer without Alcohol
- 100mls of Vegan or Dairy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder (or to taste)
- 3 Kokoa Collection Chocolate Tablets
- Extra grated chocolate or cocoa powder for dusting
- Optional. Powdered Sugar if you prefer sweeter cream.
Add 4 Tablets of Kokoa Chocolate and 350mls of Milk to the Hot & Cold Milk Frother/Milkshake Maker and begin heating your hot chocolate according to the enclosed instructions of operation. *¹
Whip the cream using your stand or hand mixer, then add the cocoa powder once firmly whipped. If including sugar, add now. Whip till combined.
Break up 3 tablets of Kokoa Collection chocolate in a microwave safe jug. Microwave in 10 second bursts, stirring between each until fully melted.
By now your hot chocolate will be done. Add 3-5 tablespoons of the hot chocolate into the melted chocolate and stir rapidly until a smooth, thick, fluid chocolate sauce has come together.
Combine the Butterscotch Schnapps and the remaining hot chocolate in a mug.
Spoon or pipe on the chocolate cream. Pour over the chocolate sauce. Dust with grated chocolate or cocoa powder. Enjoy immediately!